Dear Residents & Families,
Welcome to the Jeffrey and Susan Brudnick Center for Living Family Portal. On this site, you will find frequent updates for the Brudnick Memory Care, Short-term Rehabilitation and Long-term Care units within the Waldfogel Health Center. We hope that you find this information valuable and worthwhile. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Carolyn Fenn, Executive Director
- Family members of loved ones with memory loss/dementia are invited to attend our Memory Loss Discussion Group that is held on the last Monday of the month. The next meeting will take place on Monday, January 30, 2017 from 1:00-2:30pm at the Brudnick Center for Living 2nd Floor Conference Room. Please call Jayne Gordon with any questions (978) 471-5182.
- Household kitchen renovations will begin shortly after the New Year. Please read the notice from our Executive Director, Carolyn Fenn: Brudnick Kitchen Renovations
- The Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living will have a new Executive Director as of December 5, 2016. Download the notice here: Change in ED at Brudnick
- Chelsea Jewish is undertaking some organizational restructuring and plans to change the parent company of the Jewish Rehabilitation Center of the Aged of the North Shore, Inc., under which the Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living is a DBA. Please click here to download the notice that we are required to send you per the Department of Public Health regulations: Change in Parent Company of JRC
- As the fall season approaches, so does the Jewish New Year. The Jewish New Year is comprised of two High Holy Days: Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, both in the month of October. We have put together a simple but very informative flyer that explains these two High Holy Days. Please download the flyer here: Jewish New Year 2016
- In an effort to help our residents and family members get issues or concerns addressed promptly, we have outlined some best practices as well as important contacts within the facility. Please click here to download the document: Brudnick Family Council Contact
- The next Brudnick Family Council meeting will take place on Sunday, June 4th from 10:00am to 11:30am in the Tanzer Room
- For all Berkeley Household Family & Friends–We have implemented a new basket outside the elevators which has visitor badges for you to use when visiting the Berkeley Household. Please make sure to sign the badge out when you arrive and sign the badge back in at the end of your visit so that every visitor is able to have this privilege.
- Janice Glick, LICSW, and Melissa Kershaw, MPT, both attended Teepa Snow PAC Certification Dementia training in April
- National Nursing Home Week was May 8th-14th and was a huge success at the Brudnick Center for Living. Residents enjoyed special activities, concerts and meals
- For family members of loved ones with memory loss and/or Dementia–the next Memory Loss Discussion Group will be held on Monday, February 29 @ 1:00-2:30pm in the 2nd floor conference room. Any questions, contact Jayne Gordon, LICSW at 978-471-5182.
- In an effort to allow family members better accessibility to/from the memory care households without interrupting staff or disturbing residents, we have implemented shadow boxes containing access cards near the entrance/exit doors. Please swipe the access card to exit the household and be sure the shadow box door closes before you leave. Please use discretion when swiping the access card so that residents are not aware of its location.
- The Brudnick Center for Living completed its 12th group of Green House training for its employees. About 90% of Brudnick staff have completed Green House Training and 95% of the Shahbazim have received “E-foodhandlers” training.
- The Brudnick Center for Living completed its 10th & 11th groups of Green House training for its employees. About 85% of Brudnick staff have completed Green House Training and 90% of the Shahbazim have received “E-foodhandlers” training.
- Cooking in the houses as part of the Green House model of care is coming near. Remodeling of the kitchens will begin in early spring.
- Plans are in the works to allow family members better accessibility to/from the houses without interrupting staff or disturbing residents. More is to come.
- As always, we strive to improve communication among our staff, residents and family members. All ideas are encouraged and welcomed.